Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Natasha's art share


When I'm expressing myself through my art the movement of drawings is really what inspires me.  Most of the time I use colors but I like to add black pen and ink to my drawings to give it more of an edge.  Magazines and doodles inspire me because I tend to not over think what I'm drawing to successfully get my feelings across. 


Cubist process


For my cubism project I was inspired by the artist Sonia Delaunay. I tried to connect the shapes throughout the painting. The colors contrast each other and make the painting more exciting.

- Natasha Garlick 

5 comments:

  1. I really like how your pieces have a lot of movement the colors and contrasts really add a great amount of depth that intrigues the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The piece on the left is cool because it's in collage form-- and that idea is based around not thinking about what you're doing when you are creating the collage, which, when you look at the final product, may be surprisingly pleasing. Maybe you could elaborate on the theme of thoughtlessness/ not thinking and tie that in with a series of pieces or collages... just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I in the first and third pictures the hallway lends intense movement to the piece, and you use that and develop that as you continue working on it. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do a very good job of creating movement in your paintings. The color choices and stylistic choice work well together to create a cohesive work! Its interesting how you mix some elements that are more surreal with other real life objects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the collage type piece of art you did. I think you're doing a really good job making all of the different aspects of the painting come together. Obviously you're not done yet but I think you should definitely fill up as much white as possible because it seems like the more you're gonna add to this piece, the better it will be. It looks sick keep it up.

    ReplyDelete