Thursday, January 26, 2012

Words of wisdom from contemporary mixed media artist, Mark Bradford

MARK BRADFORD


Above: Grace & Measure

Excerpt from Art 21:Series 4

Because I am very fluid, i need to set up rules. I have a very organized work schedule.  I work every day, a certain number of hours.  I don't have creative blocks: if it's going bad, it is just a bad day and I wind my way through.  I push myself to stay on task and work.  I do really large-scale paintings. The one I'm working on is nine by thirty feet. And somewhere in that landscape you get lost, completely lost, inside the body of a painting. You don't know where you're going, and it's not speaking to you, but you just keep moving through it. You find a space that looks familiar, and you make your home there for a little bit. And you don't get too comfortable because you've go to charge off again.

Mark Bradford website.

No comments:

Post a Comment