Sunday, January 15, 2012

Margaret Wiss

So...not exactly sure what to say....so I will tell you where my inspiration came from:

Origami Balloons--> I used to make these when I was a child. They sometimes would cover Christmas lights. Also, relating to these paper lanterns is the Chinese Lantern Festival which I have always been amazed by. These lanterns floating in the sky relate to stars which overall relate to lighting. Industrial design has always been an interest to me and with this project I hope to explore this.

Dress--> There is a lot here. My mom used to make her own clothes when she was a teenager, but this never really inspired me. Not until last year when my friend made her own prom dress was I interested in fashion design. I had always loved pen and watercolor, but this summer was the first time I played with the form of dresses. I think I like to create these odd shapes because of dance, playing with a bodies shape in space. Also, I really love challenges and series. When I asked the rest of Art 4 to give me objects, it pushed me into creating this ordinary thing into something fashionably. This form creation also relates to my search for a costume for my independent study, but that is another topic.




1 comment:

  1. Intrigued. Wonder if the wire mesh dress has a visual connection with the origami balloons.

    ReplyDelete