Sunday, January 15, 2012

James Packs

James Packs-http://cargocollective.com/jamespacks/Sketchbook-I

My process typically involves starting out with broad abstract gestures and then making out forms and structures with other media. I draw my inspiration from the world around me. Most of this inspiration comes from nature, where I have spent a great deal of my life. I am fascinated by the way all of these different natural elements interact, and am especially interested in decay and the interaction between humans and the natural world. I am now trying to figure out how i can communicate these messages through different materials and am interested in maybe adding sculptural elements to some of my pieces.















5 comments:

  1. This idea is very intriguing. It will work well as a series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie,

    Check out this website. I think it will inspire you. http://www.thisiscolossal.com/tags/sculpture/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pen work! I also really like your African masks piece, are you looking forward to incorporating more of this Afrcian culture in your work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your art work has a common palet of colors so it all ties together very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the technique you have going for ya and how you interpret your paintings while incorporating body parts and such

    ReplyDelete