Friday, January 20, 2012

Adam Dvorak

In my artwork I attempt to make sense of the physical objects around me by breaking them down and giving them an identity. By doing this I make it understandable in the same way that I could understand and read a person. I want to be able to look at my work, and see the outline of a story, to feel for this piece of art, and to fill in the blanks with imagination. I typically do this by following down one of two paths, mirroring what i see in society. I either make my art look shiny and new,using a pop art style with defined lines and specific shapes, or with a more abstract style, using lots of browns, blacks and frantic lines to portray a state of age and despair.


The piece above was left out in the snow for the weekend and then stained with coffee.





3 comments:

  1. Adam,

    Do you have any other found object surfaces that you could paint your stencils on ? Maybe consider everyday objects that people use (cell phones, wallets, sneakers, t shirts, water bottles). Your trademark stencil could symbolize what you said in your artist statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the simplicity of your painting style and you really follow the "pop" style really well. You create a lot of really creative and interesting backgrounds with cool colors. Keep experimenting on different canvas such as the wood you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your pieces look destroyed and have that decaying aspeact. Keep experimenting with ways to destroy your pieces. Maybe try water to see what water damage is like. You use cool colors and have nice line forms.

    ReplyDelete