Sunday, January 15, 2012

Nadeen Abuhasan

For the past couple of weeks I've been experimenting with different materials and observing whether those mediums suit/fit my artistic style. Watercolor has been my second favorite medium after acrylic (on canvas). This piece portrays the use of really free and spontaneous brush strokes. Furthermore I used ink to add some contrast in the setting. I also have been looking through some images of nature, such as flowers, mushrooms, and the smallest/weirdest things found in the ocean. I've incorporated a small "thing" from the ocean in this painting which I hope to develop throughout the piece. Please feel free to post any comments/suggestions, I could really use your help :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Nadeen,

    I like your idea about incorporating "a small thing" in your mixed media piece. Maybe this "small thing" becomes the common thread throughout your series of work. Does this small thing actually exist in the world or from your imagination? Look at Ernst Haeckel's Art forms in nature as a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete