Monday, February 3, 2014

Personal Growth Project Proposal

My goal is to create a collage in either black and white or to pick different shades of one color to use throughout the piece. I'd like to focus on the shading of these pieces, because recently I've been doing a lot of abstract or interpretive paintings and so i would like to work with a different medium and be more detailed in my art. I liked the idea of using cut or ripped paper from magazines or newspaper in order to create the shading.  I created a board on pintrest that has some inspiration for my collage, with black and white newspaper collages as well as ones with color

http://www.pinterest.com/sophiaay1997/collage/

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see you working with my tonal papers!! It is coming along great! It's nice to see your process also, moving from colored paper, to the different tones, and seeing that you can create a dynamic tonal piece by creating your own tones and collaging them! I will continue to look on pinterest for you for inspiration but keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete