Monday, February 3, 2014

Personal Growth Project: Mark Garron

The majority of my artwork in this class, as well as previous art classes, has been prominently abstract work. And most of the time, it has been penwork. So, for my personal growth project, I have been thinking about breaking away from that, and trying a detailed self portrait. I am not quite sure what all the materials that I would make use of are yet, but the foundation and majority of the self portrait would probably be charcoal. I was also consider somehow incorporating rain into the portrait. So, in other words, I am thinking about attempting a more realistic, heavily detailed self portrait, because I have less expierience working on that type of thing.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are venturing into a new world! I feel like when you can master the idea of abstract, that it can be difficult, but extremely enriching to go into the idea of realism. I think it's smart to have a few mediums in mind, and I am excited to see how this comes out!

    ReplyDelete