Monday, February 3, 2014

art4 project proposal - Hillary

I would love my next project to be a palette knife painting either with acrylics or oil paint. I think with palette knives, it is a bit more spontaneous than using a brush and there's less of a focus on making it look "perfect." Usually I am very detail oriented when it comes to painting. I think it would be challenging for me to limit myself to only using a palette knife. I recently found a old paintings in my basement that my dad got a while ago and I could tell by the quick strokes that they used a palette knife and it inspired me to want to do one as well. I am thinking of doing a landscape painting or nature. I like the styles of cezanne and monet. I also reblogged inspirations on http://hillarty.tumblr.com/ some things i like are below ife+1.jpg" />

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your process so far!! I am a huge fan of the artistic process, and I like that you try new things, new materials, and new techniques. I also appreciate that you took andrew's mistake and made it part of your piece and didn't let it upset you. It's also nice to hear how you help and inspire him. I am excited to see how you use modeling paste!

    ReplyDelete