Thursday, February 13, 2014

Natalie Sikes Personal Growth Project

Goal: I'd like to start a long-term original comic with a strong storyline. To do this I'll have to learn a lot about story telling as well as artistic technique. The story I'm thinking about takes place in a fantastical world where disputes are settled within dreamscapes. It's still very much in development.
Reasoning: This is something I've always wanted to do but never had the motivation/confidence to do so. I will be learning as I go about comics, and I'll be posting them online where I will hopefully get a lot more feedback.
Here's one of the character designs I've been designing.

Influences: I'm always inspired by by the tumblr user xhxix with their beautiful pieces. I'm also inspired by the illustrator and co-author of the comic Maggot Boy (which I'm not going to link because it contains gore and violence). They started the comic years ago and is still working on it, and seeing how much they've improved is inspiring. I'll also continue finding a variety of inspirations from around me and on the internet.
Materials & Process: I'd like to use ink and watercolor as well as Photoshop to make the pages. I'd like to experiment using different amounts of traditional and digital.


No comments:

Post a Comment