Monday, February 3, 2014

Maria's personal growth project

Maria Barrow
Art

Goals: my goal for this project is to be able to draw something that looks exactly like how one would see it. most of the time I make something that resembles the figure i’m drawing but doesn't look exactly like it, changing little things here and there to make it more of an interesting process for myself. Basically I want to hone my painting skills.

Reasoning: my painting skills are not on par with my drawing skills and seeing as I tend to work a lot with incorporating watercolor into my sketches it seems like something that I really need to work on.

Subject: Mrs.Hom and I talked about painting the skeleton in the art room seeing as he can be posed in many interesting ways. I am still in the process of choosing whether or not to incorporate color into the painting because if I choose to just stick with black and white then sumi ink might be a better choice.   

Material: I will be working mostly with watercolor and pens, maybe i will move into working with acrylics but so far i’m more interested in watercolor.

1 comment:

  1. I also used to create a lot of pieces that I wasn't necessarily happy with because the items in my piece didn't look exactly like what I was referencing! I didn't start to notice, and learn how to fix this until I got to college. One of my professors at Framingham helped me a lot, he told me to stare at an object, and when I started drawing the object, if it didn't look like the object he told me to take out lines that aren't there. He would say stop drawing what you don't see! This helped me a lot! hopefully this will help you! I'm also so excited for you about your new internship! It is such a great feeling to be a part of something that you feel so strongly about at your age! I can't wait to see where it takes you!

    ReplyDelete