Monday, February 3, 2014

Personal Growth-Catherine Zhao

http://cathy02067.wix.com/portfolio-1
□ Goal-Set a personal growth for yourself- new technique to try out and explore, trying something new that might be challenging, breaking out of your comfort zone.
I specialize in Origami tesselation, but I want to broaden expand into more animal based Origami. This is going to be challenging because I am use to working with a grid system. 
I also want to work oil based paints, and printmaking.
□ Reasoning: why do you want to do this/ why does this project make sense for you?
Origami animals is like sketching. I am trying to bring something three dimensional onto paper. I will have to challenge myself to make it as realistic as possible.
I have never worked with oil, so I want to try this median.
I want to try printmaking because I want to see how shading can be created with just simple lines and curves.
□ Create a visual art journal to sketch your project ideas. Prepare your inspiration boards. Post either on a blog or website.

□ What artist, subject, theme, influences this way of working?
Brian Chan, Adam Sara, Eric Gjerde, Paul Jackson, Eric Joisel, Michael LaFosse, Richard Alexander
□ What materials and processes will you experiment with?
Paper, oil, canvas, wood

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you are excited about printmaking and woodcut!! I can't wait to see your first print. I am excited to see where you go from your intricate paper folding as well!!

    ReplyDelete