Thursday, January 7, 2016

PEM Reflection

I really liked the idea of using old and every day materials to create something new. I thought it was really cool how the artist was able to take wrappers and turn it into a 3-D mini sculpture. 

I am not extremely interested in anything that was in the exhibit to pursue myself. But, the general idea of taking a typical painting or drawing and putting in a different technique to make it pop is something I would be interested in doing. I also think it would be interesting to take unconventional items and use it to make interesting pieces. 


I am inspired by this piece because I thought it was cool how small it was because it is so well done, but I think it would be more fun to make bigger pieces. I also liked how the color from the wrappers are really bright and makes the structure pop. Lastly, I liked how the artist used unconventional material to create something new.



























I also really like this piece because I like the bright colors and I want to incorporate pops of color that will grab someone's attention when looking at a piece.  I want to play with color in a new and different way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment