Thursday, January 7, 2016

Peabody Essex Museum Reflection

Lucas Schwallie

1) Based on the PEM exhibition, what new materials and techniques would you like to explore?
After looking at the PEM exhibition some of the new materials that I would like to explore are nature in art, watercolor, and different parts of shading.  This museum has not only inspired me to continue to develop different styles of artwork but also incorporate art into my daily lifestyle as everything around me can always be interpreted as some type of artwork. 

2) What steps will you take in creating a series of new work?  What artist or themes will you like to explore?  Please site themes and artist for the exhibitions?
The PEM exhibition has led me and my mind to cherish new types of artwork.  Some of the steps I will take to fallow up on these goals include doing more artwork outside of just art class, and also visiting the blog every night to be inspired by great art around me. A couple themes and artists whom I was extremely impressed with were Bryant Austin, Vaughn Bell, an d Christopher Boffoli with their work in the exhibition Nature in art.  As the year continues I will try and emulate them in my everyday work.

3) Please Post 2 Pictures and gives 3 Reasons why I am inspired by this work.

The contrast between black and white.
The detail on the whales mouth with the dots.
The background puts the picture all together.  



The way the black background make the artwork pop out.
The detail in the castle towers.
The way all the white pops out.








No comments:

Post a Comment