Monday, May 18, 2015

Natalia's artshare post

Dear Ms. Hom,
I am sorry to be contacting you so late and with all of this craziness, but here are the three Artshare posts that I have intended to make! The first one is a reflection on the field trip, a second one some mural ideas inspired by Italy, and the last one my trip to the MFA. Enjoy and thank you for all of your help! 

Cheers,
Natalia 

1)

When we went to Brandeis on our art field trip, I surprised myself with my fascination for the 3D printing and online modeling. To see the creation of virtual worlds using programs like Google Sketch-Up and Blender brought back ideas that I have had and thought that I would never find a medium to achieve them in. In the field of fine arts at the Rose Gallery, there was even more to get inspired by. My favorite piece is included below, as it demonstrates a mastery of creating foreground and background in painting. I hope to develop this technique- of painting in and out of focus, as well as this artist did! 






2) 

Some Mural Ideas:
Hello everyone! After Sophia and Leah's amazing work on the current mural, it seems like it would be cool to follow in their footsteps by making a mural ourselves! Here are some ideas that I have had (inspired from art seen elsewhere):
The first idea is a ceiling mural to bring height and light to a hallway. I'm a fan of nature, so I thought that painting a canopy in the style of the picture below could turn out awesome! 


Next, a mural along the wall that resembles this scene not only reminds people of a summer beach, but it also would make the site of its location appear much bigger as a result of the perspective.



Let's keep having this discussion! 


3) 

TO ALL ART GEEKS: TAKE NOTE! The MFA has two amazing exhibits right now! The first one is a Leonardo Da Vinci exhibit (featuring some Michelangelo). These are all sketches of the works of the two classic artists, comparing and contrasting their styles. It also has the "most beautiful woman in the world," a nickname given to one of the drawings in the exhibit. Another exhibit, which illustrates the work of the prolific and celebrated Japanese artist Hokusai, includes the entire collection of 36 prints that bring Hokusai his fame. This group of works is called Views of Mount Fuji, and in it the most famous piece of Japanese artwork in the Western World- The Great Wave. Make sure to go check it out next time you're in Boston! 



2 comments:

  1. I love the way you incorporate perspective into your ideas- it makes the idea of a nature mural feel new, and I think that these would be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sky picture, and I think it will look great on a ceiling or even a wall. And its not that hard to paint too.

    ReplyDelete