Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Wildlife as Inspiration

In 2004 I went to the Peruvian Amazon and took a lot of photographs and video footage of the animals that my group of ecotourists and I found.  Our tour guides also would pay any local people who brought us interesting wildlife to see.  The following year I made some pen and ink sketches from photos I had taken there:
http://chrisrenna.com/old/Wildlife_Sketches.html

I also made a watercolor painting of a Titi Monkey that a young boy had adopted as a pet:
I recently uploaded a video slideshow of the photos I took on this particular trip:
I also made a video of the trip and added some of my original music to it:
I have taken 3 different trips to Costa Rican rain forests to look for wildlife.  Here is video footage I took from a day that was particularly full of wildlife:
The last ten years or so I have gotten more into video and have not been making drawings/paintings of the creatures I find in the wild, but it is an activity that I would like to return to at some point.

I have created music inspired by the sounds of wildlife.  In 2008 for my master's project at Emerson College I created a musical score to video I took of wildlife in Georgia and South Carolina.  Here is that project:


Some of the music incorporates actual sounds from the environment such as this piece:

No comments:

Post a Comment