Sunday, November 11, 2012

David's Art Process


I'm not entirely sure why I chose to draw a tiger, but I draw a lot of tigers. It doesn't have some kind of deeper meaning to me, but I've done a whole bunch of them these past few months. This is probably my most successful one thus far. I used charcoal, and I tried to do something different than what I normally do. I did virtually no outlining of the drawing, and made marks specifically where there were darker values, and tried to create light/dark values by density of the mark-making. I consider it a successful attempt, and I will continue on with this method in the future.

I am currently in the process of creating a drawing of a lion, which is in the same scene, except during the day, and is facing the tiger. I have doubts as to whether of not it is going look good, however, and I may or may not use them as one piece. I will most likely use them as separate pieces, and attempt to create a lion/tiger scene later, when I get the chance.

David's fantasy beast project

4 comments:

  1. I love the detail you put in this drawing. I think it shows great technique and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the tiger is really well done the shading adds a lot to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the focus on not outlining anything and only using vaue and shading to create the shapes. It came out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your technical skills are incredible, but I would consider trying to use some color in your pieces in order to expand your portfolio. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete