Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Field Trip Reflection

For the Land Sake Farm Field trip, I thought the whole experience was transcendental. The jog in the morning was kinda burning my legs and hands because the wind was so cold but it was so beautiful out and it was so nice to not be in school and be running instead. When we got there, having been so much faster then everyone else, Natalie Casey and I just sat in a tree. By the time everyone got there, we grabbed our paper and pencils and I went over to draw a wheel barrel. I found it interesting to just be using a pencil to draw something, although I have done multiple portraits, none of them were still life or not off of a photo. In a way, I found the pencil restricting but I continued to play with the sketch until I could really pull the piece together. The trees and leaves and grass and sun were all so beautiful but I wanted to use color, the pencil seemed like it took so much away from the beauty so I avoided drawing objects of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment